Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
I would like you to imagine this scenario: it is Election Night 2012 and as voting outlets all over the United States begin to close and start to tally their voting results. It appears that Nate Silver's predictions is way off but the Gallup Poll is spot on and Mitt Romney goes on to defeat Barack Obama 323 electoral votes to 215. Can you imagine how different the United States would seem today? What if the American public had handed the GOP a blank check to do whatever they wanted to do on that November day in 2012? Below is just a partial list of what might be happening now:
- Obamacare would have been repealed on January 21, 2013 ending medical benefit options to over 30 million Americans.
- Higher taxes for the middle class who are being squeezed more and more by those above and under them.
- Because of spending cuts, less money for disaster relief, education, infrastructure upgrades.
- Many American citizens would have a harder time voting due to newer and more restrictive voting regulations.
- The upper-class "job creators" would be able to get a wonderful tax cut.
- The war in Iraq and Afghanistan would have been extended indefinitely, and the US would have jumped into the current conflict with Syria creating problems with Russia, China, and Iran.
- Although I don't agree with everything my President does, but I do believe that the American public made the better choice.
In this election Obama won by winning votes from the young 60%, the underprivileged60%, the people of colour 70%, the moderates 56%, and the urban voters 60%. The result reflects the change in the very dynamic demographics of the United States. It also shows the concern these voters have about the state of our Union. That is why they would stand in line for hours to cast a vote for their future.
...they must live within a lie. They need not accept the lie. It is enough for them to have accepted their life with it and in it. For by this very fact, individuals confirm the system, fulfill the system, make the system, are the system.
However, with the EU fund well running dry and cheaper skilled labor starting to appear in places like Romania, the Ukraine, and Bulgaria, international BPO firms might be looking to relocate. That is why it is imperative that the domestic startups be allowed to succeed. Only with a good domestically created economy, can this level of prosperity be sustainable.