Entrepreneurship is the engine that drives economies. It is behind the success of Silicon Valley. It is how we are able to enjoy most of the wonderful product and services today. It is great to be a consumer but it is even better to be a producer.
However, many entrepreneurs are clueless when it comes to what type of resources that are available to them in their community. Startup Europe is an initiative of the European Commission that would like to help European entrepreneurs and startups with education about resources and support in their local ecosystem as well as on the European scale.
On the week of February 1st to the 5th, Startup Europe will be holding Startup Europe Week. It is a continent-wide effort to educate entrepreneurs or would be entrepreneurs about the resources available to them in their own community.
Now here is the big news: I have brought the effort to Krakow! The event will be February 5th, 2016 from 18:00 at the Krakow City Hall. Yes, the city hall! The event is still being planned so please stay tuned to further updates.
Here is the Facebook event link for the event:
Krakow, I need your help!
I would like to educate the members and potential members of our ecosystem about:
– Information sessions on local specific actions currently developed by your local authority to support entrepreneurs (i.e. grants, tax breaks, office space, funding etc.).
– Regional authorities will come to speak with you and make sure which current initiatives can benefit you and your startup.
– Information sessions about Startup Europe projects and European Commission funds available for startups.
– Office hours and workshops with regional representatives to guide entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs on topics in which they can help (i.e. how to incorporate a company, how to apply for a cohesion grant etc.).
– Great talks with local entrepreneurs and investors on how they smartly used the resources provided by the local authority to create or improve their businesses.
I am looking for the following people to make this a kickass event:
Seed Fund Administrators
CoWorking Space operators
CoWorking Space operators
Fellow Startup founders
Representatives from the City (Krakow)
Representatives from the Voidvoship (Malopolska)
If you are one of these and would like to get involved, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to keep this event free for all, I would like to have some awesome sponsors. If you would like to help with food and drinks as well as other promotional give-aways, please feel free to contact me!
Thank you for reading another post just for you! If you liked what you read please share it by using one of the buttons below and check out other posts in this blog. I don’t want you to miss out on future posts so please follow me on Twitter @Eurodude23. If you haven’t done it already, please like my Facebook fan page by clicking here! And if you like the content you have read, and are looking for a content writer for your team please go to www.contentfarm.org for details. See you next time!